Our Volunteer Guides also have many activities to help visitors to discover more about the Gardens - find out more at Walks, Talks and the Gardens.
MONTHLY DISCOVERY TABLE in the Gardens
Third Sunday of Every Month, 1.00 – 3.00 pm
Meet the Friends’ Guides for interesting information and direction to key plants and seasonal change. Copies of the Self-guided Walks and information sheets are available at the Discovery Table and the Teahouse. Cancelled until further notice.
Friends and their guests can look forward to a wonderful program of events when we are able to resume events and activities.
Depending on how soon Covid-19 restrictions are eased, and what restrictions remain in place during 2020, we are hopeful that these events MAY include:
- Movie night at St Marys, featuring the movie ‘2040’, an optimistic Australian documentary investigating innovative projects around the world to mitigate climate change.
- Silent plant auction and social evening, giving members the opportunity to silently bid on a range of spectacular plants, while enjoying drinks and nibbles.
- Self-drive tour of historic homes and gardens in the Geelong area, with plant sale, morning and afternoon tea.
- Annual Luncheon and Guest Speaker at Truffleduck
- Friends AGM
- Christmas Drinks for members
WEEKLY PLANT SALES
The Friends’ Plant Nursery is open every Wednesday 9.30 am to 12.30 pm showcasing a wide selection of plants sourced from the Geelong Botanic Gardens. Closed until further notice
Located at the rear of the GBG.
WEEKLY GUIDED WALKS
Every Wednesday at 11.00 am, and Sunday at 2.00 pm. Cancelled until further notice.
For more information, or to make a booking, contact the Friends’ office on 5222 6053 between 10.00 am and 1.00 pm Monday to Friday.
Teahouse @GBG Bookings can be made by phone 0413 706 535.